Zinc is fundamental to the activity of over 100 enzymes and supports immune function, DNA synthesis, & cell division. During pregnancy, infancy, & childhood, the body needs zinc for proper growth and development. Zinc also helps tissue repair and is important for adequate functioning of the senses of taste and smell. Daily intake of zinc is necessary to maintain adequate levels within the body because the body has no specialized zinc storage system.
Protéo-Zinc provides 54 mg of highly-absorbed zinc glycinate for enhanced absorption, optimal utilization, and gastrointestinal comfort. Supplementing the right form of zinc is key to maintaining healthy levels within the body. Zinc plays a crucial role in boosting immune function, maintaining healthy tissue growth, and increasing the antioxidant reserves that protect the body from free radical damage*.
• IMMUNE SUPPORT | Zinc deficiency impacts immune function by slowing down the activity of macrophages, neutrophils, and natural killer cells.
• EASY ABSORPTION | Made with the superior Albion® amino acid chelate zinc glycinate form, which does not ionize in the gut and therefore is not impacted by dietary factors and is absorbed at a higher rate than those formulated with zinc salt forms.
• BACKED BY OUR GUARANTEE | Try a bottle risk-free, backed by our 90-day Empty Bottle Guarantee
Zinc is good for immune support and this Protéo-Zinc is chelated so it is more easily absorbed and processed by your body. We all know zinc is important to pregnant women, but I recently read that physicians are recommending that their patients take zinc, along with Vitamin D, Vitamin C and Vitamin B12 as these nutrients work to support immune health. That's enough for me to start taking it. This one is in the form of smallish capsules and the dosage is one per day. There is a 2 month supply in the package.
I’m a huge fan of these! I also take the multivitamin and fish oil capsules. I also take the micro melatonin occasionally and love how the dosage is 2.5 which allows me to take the dosage I need on a case by case basis.
The chelates are brilliant. Read about them on the website, you will see that this isn’t your generic supermarket variety. I will also point out they include natural lemon flavoring to offset the fish oil burps (I’ll just be straight up about that one) and they include natural cherry flavor (sour cherry powder) to aid the melatonin to work.
I don’t want to get into too much detail about how brilliant these products are so I will end with my testimony having switched from GNC Mega Men’s vitamins. I already had a full suite of nootropics, my Mega Men’s vitamins, as well as zinc, D3 and C supplements on the side. The switch shouldn’t have given me such noticeable benefits. But it did. I feel fantastic.
That’s that. These are incredible. Make the switch, you have nothing to lose giving these a try. Whether you have it all figured out like I did or you need to get your act together, if you are reading this then it’s time to choose life, health and your future.
Protéo-Zinc | 60 Capsules | Immune Support with Albion TRAACS® Chelated Zinc appears to be a high-quality product.
I personally cannot tell if it "works" or not for the reasons I am taking it, to bolster my immune system by offering zinc in the quantity I need through the most bio-available delivery system I can get.
What I can tell you are some important things -
1) It is professionally manufactured, sealed (plastic shrink-wrap) with excellent quality capsule to the ***** eye
2) There are no telltale smells of any kind
3) There is no taste of any kind
4) I experienced no indigestion of any kind
5) The capsule is very small and easy to swallow.
6) The ingredients that I can see with the ***** eye appear to be visually consistent - no difference in color, which is white, between one and the next
Although chelation is a good delivery system in many cases, I am not as convinced of the science of the Proteo Zinc, but only because I need to research it more.
Until I began with this product, I had been taking a nootropic product and appreciate it.
I plan to update this Review if there are any changes to report.